Pages

Sunday, October 17, 2010

A look back

Last November I received my favorite issue ever of Country Living. I drooled over it all month long and many a blessed time since.
Thinking that maybe they saved their most beautifulest ever house tour of the year for this particular month, I couldn't wait to open up this November's issue.
And guess what.
It was excruciatingly and devastatingly disappointing.
Thumbs way, way, way down. Just not my style is all I guess. 
I'm over it now, (not really), but thought I'd share last years pictures with you so I can relive the moment. =0)

This is Caroline Scheeler. She is a good friend of mine who lives in Illinois.
Ok fine. Actually I don't know her at all. But look how happy she is looking out her dutch door. I'm sure we'd be great friends.
She probably isn't watching her two dogs take steaming monster dumps in the backyard first thing in the morning like I would be doing if I were to stare out my dutch door that I don't actually have in the first place. 
No, she is probably watching two beautiful prize stallions gallop around the track and practice for the Kentucky Derby. 

This is the photo that I always have in the back of my mind when I think of the perfect informal dining area.

Oh my gosh.

I love, love, love the dark brown charcoal color on the walls.
So rich and inviting.
I could go on forever about everything I
love in this dang room because there is absolutely nothing wrong with it!!!

Again, I love the dark brown wall here, paired with the beadboard.
So amazing.

And look. BLACK WALLS.
Isn't it gorgeous????
Oh if I had the nerve.
Another french sofa that Eddie would probably  have to get over because our marriage depends on it kill me on the spot if I ever came home with.

But let me tell you, I could totally curl up on that couch, with my leopard print faux fur throw, and be content for a long, long, looong time.

And I love the archway here and how they added all the molding. It helps define the spaces
and set them apart from each other I think.
Brown walls again, in tight spaces too, but it looks so clean and crisp against the white.
See. Prize stallion. What did I tell you?
I actually am in the middle of painting our office a charcoal brown color.
I probably wouldn't have had the nerve to do it had I not
found a gallon on sale for five bucks.
Hopefully it turns out looking as nice as Caroline Scheelers!
What do you think?
I know right? Country Living could me knocking on my door any day now!!!
I am so excited about this.
 =0)


1 comment:

Jill said...

Hi there

Just wanted to let you know I featured your shelving unit makeover on my Round Tuit post this week!

http://jembellish.blogspot.com/2010/10/round-tuit-20.html

Thanks for linking up! Hope you have a lovely week!

Jill @ Creating my way to Success