Pages

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

I'm baaaack!!

Okay, first of all I am very sorry "to both" of you who read this blog of my mine that I have not been back on here since March!!! I did change my title picture back in April...that probably doesn't count though huh? Anyways, I am going to do better at posting more often because this really is something that I want to do so that I can share with all of you things that I am excited about and hopefully things that YOU might be interested in too!

Today I wanted to show you some pictures that I found when I was looking at houses for sale online. No we are not looking to buy another house for a long time, but I still like to see what's out there just for fun. My house was built in 2008 and I always thought that I would love a brand-spanking new house that no one else had ever lived in before. Or died in for that matter!!  

Back then my taste was a little more modern than it is now. My poor husband now has a wife who loves ruffles, the color white, and sees the beauty in all things old. A far cry from from sleek, black bedroom furniture which I am trying to convince him would look sooo much prettier painted white with old knobs on them. Trying to convince myself of that too actually...we'll see what happens. The lines of the furniture are also pretty sleek and straight so the styles might not work well together. Thank goodness for Craigslist!

Anyways the whole point of this post was to show you some pictures of a house I found in Frisco. It is on Pecan Street (isn't that such a cute street name?!?), and was built I think in the 1920's or 1930's...it's no longer for sale so I can't be sure. 


Big surprise that it sold huh? Isn't it so cute! I looove the front porch and the yellow paint. Actually I love everything about it. Imagine an american flag to the left of the stairs and some pretty potted plants at the bottom. It needs a little more landscaping but that's easy! Actually reminds me of a friend of mine's house...bonus points if you know who I'm talking about! :o)
Don't the doors look like something in a church? I would even keep them black!


Step through the front doors and enter what I imagine to be the family room since there is a fireplace. Isn't the door cute from the inside too!? Love the wood floors too of course.


It also comes with this beautiful WHITE kitchen! Beadboard walls, white cabinets...I even love the white appliances. Stainless steel is very hard to keep clean!! Be careful what you wish for! I would change out the hardware, and the backsplash but other than that it's perfect! Well after I put in a skirted farmhouse sink it will be perfect. ;o)


I want to add trim like this to all of my windows... 


Isn't it bee-u-ti-ful!! Looks like a church from the sideyard...sigh.


This is a shot of the stairway leading to what looked to be a refinished attic. There is beadboard on the walls in some of the other pictures I am sparing you from looking at.


So what did you think? Not in a million years? Love it?

Since I do have such a new home I have struggled with whether I should add beadboard to the hallways or bathrooms, and whether I should paint my beautiful dark wood stained cabinets white...we'll see I guess. We plan on living here for a long time so in the end what's important is that we are happy with what we are living in for the next 10 years right?

So did you guess who's house it looks like from the outside? Or at least who's house it reminds me of some? I think my 1,000 are finished being copied to Picasa now. Hopefully it will not be another two months before I post again...
Just kidding, it definitely won't be!

No comments: